I’m a bilingual (English and Spanish) media trainer with experience teaching professional and student journalists how to harness the power of digital and social media in their reporting.
I’ve designed and led training sessions and courses for the Humphrey Fellowships, the International Center for Journalists, the United Nations Environmental Program and the University of Maryland Philip Merrill College of Journalism.
I offer engaging presentations and hands-on workshops on the following topics. I can also create custom training sessions for your organization.
- How to use social media for reporting and engagement
- Latest trends in global media innovation
- How to use free or low-cost tools to create maps and visualize data
- Writing for the web and social media
- Basics of reporting, writing, interviewing and editing
- Basics of mobile reporting